The Kiwanis Club of Manchester was chartered in 1921, just six years after the original Club in Detroit, and is the first Kiwanis Club organized in the State of New Hampshire.
The name "Kiwanis" comes from the expression "Nunc Keewanis" from a Native American language of the Detroit area and means "we trade" or "we have a good time".
Read the Club profile and find out how you can join by contacting us.
What will membership in the Kiwanis Club of Manchester promise you?
- An opportunity for you to share your experience, your knowledge and your time in serving our community.
- An opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of your business or profession once a week – to relax, converse with friends and listen to an interesting speaker.
- Business and community networking opportunities.
- An opportunity to get "expert advice" from fellow members, who represent a wide spectrum of businesses, professions, trades and backgrounds.
How Kiwanis Benefits The Kids Of Manchester - Current and Past Projects
- Dental Care - $100,000
Purchased an RV and equipped it with state-of-the-art examination suites and x-ray. For over 30% of the city’s school kids this is the only dental treatment they receive on a regular basis.
- Meals for Kids - $75,000
This is a five-year commitment to Girls Inc. for Café Lauren, a critically needed breakfast and dinner program. Girls and boys are served in the only program of its type on the city’s west side.
- Manchester Police Athletic League - $75,000
Hundreds of at-risk and inner city youth participate in character building sports and non-sports activities.
- Health Care - $50,000
Child Health Services serves kids in Greater Manchester without access to medical services. The Club’s commitment helped expand the clinic.
- A Home for Kids - $50,000 + Annual Financial Support
The Webster House in Manchester is a model group home for at-risk youth. In addition to $50,000 to retire the mortgage, the Club provides yearly financial support.
- A Playground - $20,000 + Annual Financial Support
The Visiting Nurses Association operates the only low-income daycare center in Manchester. The Club constructed a new playground plus annual financial support.
- "Walk with a Child” and “Fish with a Child” - Annual Events
Warm, winter clothes for needy children. This is the first time that many of these children receive new coats and boots. Also, kids from the inner city are introduced to fishing in a day of fun that, for most of them, is their first experience with nature.
- Educational Opportunities, Meals for Kids, Pediatric Trauma - Ongoing Support
Camp Spaulding, an overnight summer camp providing low-income children from NH with educational, recreational and cultural experiences. H.E.A.R. combines a comprehensive education and therapeutic curriculum for young children who are deaf or hard of hearing. BreakThrough Manchester, connects bright, but underprivileged kids to superior educational opportunities at the Derryfield School. Babe Ruth Baseball provides a recreational opportunity for teens. The Kiwanis Pediatric Trauma Institute in Boston is the world leader in research and education for the treatment of trauma in kids.
- Youth Leadership
The Club’s sponsorship of Kiwanis Key Clubs and Circle K Clubs in local high schools and colleges create the opportunity for students to cultivate leadership skills and learn the benefits of community service.
We hope that once you have had the opportunity to consider the programs and activities of the Kiwanis Club of Manchester you will be receptive to our requests for support.
Your contributions are tax deductible - Manchester Kiwanis Foundation, Inc. ID# 04-3344536. The Club thanks you for your support and generosity.